Article from Elizabeth Weintraub, The Balance Publication
Regardless of the time of year you plan to sell your home, you need to get ready for your agent to list. Most listing agents prefer your home to be in tip-top condition, worthy of photographs.
The best time to schedule an agent to come over to list your home is right after your lawn has been mowed. If your gardener’s day is Tuesday, do not ask your agent to take photos on a Monday. Schedule your agent instead for Wednesday.
Create Curb Appeal Before Listing Your Home
Clean up the landscaping. You might have projects that you’ve been meaning to get around to doing but simply have not had the time. Now you need to make the time. Here are bare basics you should do:
- Trim trees and bushes in front of windows (can you see the house?).
- Weed, rake and mulch garden beds.
- Cut dead branches from trees.
- Sweep and clean sidewalks and driveway.
- Park in the garage or down the street (not in the driveway or in front of the house.
- Remove trash cans and store them in the side yard.
- Close the garage door.
- Thoroughly eliminate cobwebs and dirt near the front door.
Bonus points: Set out a few pots of yellow flowers near the front door to add color.